Saturday, March 29, 2008

Comic attempt: "He lays in the reins"

When I really like a song, I need to do something with it. Usually, I play it again and again, in front of my exasperated friends. Then I try to play it with the guitar, but since I don't know how to play the instrument the results are bad, no matter how exited I am. Today, I've tried something different: to draw a sort of comic. I've chosen "He lays in the reins", that it's been on my personal top-five lately. And at least I don't bother my neighbors!

Letraset Promarkers (warm grey 1, 2, 3 i 5), Faber-Castell pens, in Letraset paper. I don't like the combination, because the markers erase the pens. The markers are cool, but hard to mix with other things, actually. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Me gusta mucho esto, muy bueno el claroscuro sin colores y además no conocía la canción.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh I know how you feel! I'm always always drawing from music. Always feeling the need to do something with a song! I LOVE this. I really like the sepia tones. The handwriting. Everything.

Atka Kevlarsjäl said...

Miguel, la canción es preciosa. Si puedes escúchala!

Andrea, it's exactly what you're saying. I can't play music, so I draw it. I must do some sort of thing with my most loved songs!