Monday, March 24, 2008

Into the wild

A couple of months ago I went to the cinema, as I use to do on Sundays. But the movie I watched thrilled me. It was Into the wild, and it's based on a book with the same name written by Jon Krakauer. He tells the story of a young boy that, after the graduation, gave all his money to an NGO and, with his old car, started a long trip to Alaska. His obsession with the far North cost him his own life. I do recommend not to judge him before reading the book. Here you have some of his lasts words:

Greetings from Fairbanks!
Arrived here two days ago.
Might be a very long time before I return south.
Now I walk into the wild.


 


And this is one of his lasts photographies:


 



 


I couldn't avoid to paint a watercolor from it, but I didn't succeed transmiting his face expression:



No comments: